I can still vividly remember when I was in a considerable amount of debt, I used to do overtime work just to earn extra to pay for my creditors.
I wish there are 30 hours in a day.
Until it backfired on me, I suffered from exhaustion and was ill for a week.
Money is controlling me at that moment.
I am earning extra, but my spending habits are still the same, my view of money is always the same.
I view money to get spent, no more no less, and I got no savings or emergency fund.
One time my manager told me there is no overtime, I said it’s okay. And then a week later there is none again.
I was getting anxious as I need to pay for the 48 inch TV that I bought on credit.
And the latest smartphone I bought on a contract.
Plus, I got utility bills and groceries to think.
Uncontrolled Spending is an addiction!
Money is controlling me at this point.
So how can you tell that money is controlling you?
I wrote ten signs that I experienced. It’s not to scare you, but to make you aware.
If you are serious about improving your finances, you should avoid these signs!
10 Signs Money Is Controlling You
1. You always worry about paying your bills
2. You often wish you could buy more things
3. Your only goal in life is to get rich, but you have no realistic plan
4. You spend money to feel better
5. You blame others for your financial problems (government, boss, spouse)
6. You judge people based on the amount of money they own
7. You lie, cheat or steal to get money; even a minor lying or cheating shows money is controlling you
8. You take unnecessary financial risks
9. You use credit to buy things that decrease in value, such as expensive cars or expensive clothing
10. Money controls your mood. You feel good or bad based on your finances
I hope you take the time and effort to improve your finances and let you manage your money and not the other way around.
Real wealth comes from Love, Spending time with family and loved ones.
I am not saying money is not important.
For you to control money, you need financial education.
Beacause, if you are financially educated, you can control money and live a happy life.