Blogging is simply publishing your passions over the internet, there are countless platforms where you can blog.
You can choose from free and paid platforms to build your blog, but it’s important to have a website to start
Perhaps you’re familiar with blogging, but still unaware of how to begin. We will take you through a step-by-step process on how to build your blog.
Before we dwell on the technicalities of blogging, like building your website and having a domain name, let’s establish what you want to write about.
Will it be lifestyle, leisure, poetry, tech, office life, finance, business, or something unique that nobody has ever written before?
Your blog must contain your niche – the identity of what your blog will be about. Once you’ve had the roots of your blog established, you can finally begin making your blog site.
There are countless platforms to choose from. One particularly well-known platform in creating blog sites is WordPress.
WordPress is an open-source content management platform that you can use to create your blog site, and the best thing about it is, it’s completely free.
5 Steps of Blog Creation
1. Choose your domain
There are countless domains to choose from. Pick a domain name that represents what you write about, or perhaps a name that is close to home, like your pseudonym.
Domain names are the only aspect of blog creation that you will pay for, like a subscription to telcos product or Netflix.
You can choose from several affordable plans, which start from around PHP 140.
- Your domain name will be the “brand” that your audience will always see and read.
- Your domain name will represent your blog and will be the name that your audience will search for online.
- And certainly what you place on the internet must be wholesome, far from any profanities, of all sorts. Nobody wants bad publicity, right!
2. Create a WordPress account and sign up for free
It’s easy! You can sign up for free using your existing email address, designated blog email address, Facebook, or create an account on WordPress.
One of the best things about WordPress is that, from the moment you sign up, your blog, designing and publishing is free.
3. Design your website
You can choose from countless templates that you can use in creating the face of your blog.
Want an entirely pink website?
Want a website that is modern and minimalist?
You can rely on the different design features on the platform.
- When you design your website, you can also configure the plugins of your blog.
Plugins are personalized features that allow your website to be more functional according to your website needs. A few plugins include Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Java.
- If you have some art designed specifically for your website, you can upload these images in high quality and use them to personalize your blog.
- When uploading your personalized images for design, just take note of the size restrictions and pixels that will make your website’s design stand out perfectly.
4. Create your content
It could be from cooking, gardening, studying, lifestyle, to anything under the sun!
This is where you include your niche! Write about your passions, topics that you want people to appreciate and learn about. You can also write your feelings away when you feel upset, and include some poetry for people to engage with.
Write about what makes you happy. Things that make you smile.
- Know that when you’re writing a blog, you’re not writing to impress, you’re writing to communicate your content to your audience. Perfect grammar and spelling isn’t a requirement here, but it might help to get clarified sentences.
You can check on Grammarly too if you’d like to double-check on the content you’ve made before publishing.
Grammarly is a writing assistant which you can use for free to check on basic to complex grammar, spelling, punctuation, and coherence.
- More than words, you can also include pictures you’ve personally taken in your blog, to accompany your work. If you’re writing about something more general, you can also choose copyright-free images online. In case you have images taken by a friend or a professional photographer, you can also upload them with the owner’s permission and copyright.
- As previously mentioned, we don’t want any form of profanities to ruin the image of your blog, which is why it’s best to check each written content carefully before publishing.
- Make sure that your content is uniquely yours!
Lastly, once you’ve double-checked your content, and have not left a stone unturned, you can finally click on that “Publish” button.
Here’s an advanced CONGRATULATION to you! You’re on your way to making your blogging dreams a reality.
Want to be a legit blogger?
Register your freelance blogging and save money on unprecedented expenditures such as penalties, taxes, and other fees.
At the same time, when you register your business, it will give you a premium business address instead of using your home address to brand or register your business with.
Some of the perks you can get for registering your business, include…
- Virtual Office Address
- Dedicated Account Manager
- SSS, Phil Health, Pag-Ibig, etc.
Lower your costs today and be a legitimate blogger!
Lastly, keep writing!
Once you’ve published your first blog, you’re on your way to making thousands more! Keep inspired by experiencing many memorable life events.
Write about your passions and engage your readers with your wit and originality. It doesn’t matter if you’re new to blogging, your time to shine is built into each blog you’ll publish.
Who knows, blogging might unlock broader opportunities for your dreams, so keep writing. Chase your dreams like how a dog chases a bicycle on the run.
Blogging doesn’t have to be difficult. Only when you start a task, will you learn how simple things are.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
Many Thanks to Belle Hernandez of www.weremote.com for writing this blog post